How to Help a Stray

What do you do if you find a stray?
If you have found a stray please call your local animal control officer or town constable, townships are responsible to provide all animal control.
****If you bring a stray to the shelter directly you will be responsible for the stray fee that the towns would otherwise pay for holding.**** 
ARBOR VITAE – Al Spatz  715-356-3042
BOULDER JUNCTION – Jim Hanson   715- 892-4926
CLOVERLAND – Melissa 715-617-1979
CONOVER – Ed Evert   715-891-8439
EAGLE RIVER CITY ONLY – 715-479-4330
LAC DU FLAMBEAU – Robert Smith 715-614-0034
LAND O LAKES – Connie Sparks  715-547-6904 (day), or Daniel Balog   715-547-6034 (night)
LINCOLN – Melissa 715-617-1979
MANITOWISH WATERS – Henry Bauers  715-543-2888, or Chuck Rayala   715-543-8300
PHELPS – Rick Brown  715-891-7263 or 715-617-0196
PLUM LAKE – Sharon Brooker  715-892-7049
PRESQUE ISLE – Howard Meyer  715-686-7155
ST. GERMAIN – Don 715-891-2707
WASHINGTON – Melissa 715-617-1979
WINCHESTER – Phil Williams  715-686-2584


ABUSE, HOARDING, AND/OR NEGLECT: PLEASE CALL THE SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT FOR THE HUMANE OFFICER FOR VILAS COUNTY AT 715-479-4441 is a National Lost/Found Pet registry that is FREE to use. When a pet is listed, email/text alerts are sent to members in the area. You can also create a Flyer from your listing too.Twitter